Wednesday, May 20, 2009

O Alquimista

I had just finished reading The Alchemist
And now I understood why this book has become one of the best-selling books
in history...
And why it is praised by figures such as Bill Clinton,Julia Roberts,Russel Crowe,
Will Smith,Kenzaburo Oe and yup,Madonna..


The book is so thin and so simple yet it contains so many
lessons of life..
A fable of followng your dream or your "Personal Legend"..


"It's what you have always wanted to accomplish. Everyone, when they are young, knows what their Personal Legend is."

"...there is one great truth on this planet: whoever you are, or whatever it is that you do, when you really want something, it's because that desire originated in the soul of the universe. It's your mission on earth."


This book has inspired me to discover my own
Personal Legend..Following the omens on the way
as well as trusting the heart and enjoying every second of
the journey..

Now I sound so poetic :D but really,
I think everyone should read it...
It is by miles better than Twilight or Gossip Girl
and no I'm not being hiperbolic...

I wish I could be like Santiago,the boy in the book..
And have a journey as exciting as his
Rather than sitting here typing,thinking
Of going to the cinemas tomorrow
And realizing the igcse exams are not over yet...

Anyway,cheers for Paulo Coelho!


Boa noite,

LYLLTS

0 comments: